Andy Carroll For Scotland?

Captain_Sensible

Well no, seeing as Carroll has never played for Scotland. Meanwhile Iwelumo, Riordan and O'Connor haven't done an awfull lot in their 21 games.

Shite logic alert.

I haven't ever played for Scotland either. Does that mean I'm clearly a better option for "turning a crucial game around" too?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well so far in his career he has played 68 games and has scored 13 goals. Accoring to wikipedia of course. So that alone suggests to me he struggles to find the net.

He's scored 12 goals in 29 starts for Newcastle. So that alone suggests to me that he can find the net.

Todays goal shouldnt of been anyway as he shouldnt of been on the pitch for elbowing the swansea lad in the face. In my books id call him a thug for doing so. Thats assault basically and he cant say he was going for the ball as the ball was long gone by the time he elbowed the boy.

Excellent stuff. We need as many thugs in the team as possible.

Also do i add i just feel he is such a lazy player and while we have Kris Boyd who infact actually puts the ball in the net a fair bit, id prob stick we Boyd.

You need a squad of players and you need options. Andy Carroll provides an arial option that we are lacking. The only other type of player we have available like Carroll is Kevin Kyle - and his goalscoring record really is shite.

I was about to laugh at the very suggestion that Andy Carroll is good enough even for the bench then I realised that he is, in fact, a better option than pretty much anyone who is not Steven Fletcher and qualifies for Scotland.

Shite logic alert.

I haven't ever played for Scotland either. Does that mean I'm clearly a better option for "turning a crucial game around" too?

If you offer an attribute that the others can't, then yes, perhaps you could be.

If you offer an attribute that the others can't, then yes, perhaps you could be.

I have dark hair. O'Connor, Iwelumo and Riordan don't offer that sort of attribute.

Clearly I'm a better option.

PS: I'm not rubbishing Carroll here. I wouldn't mind giving him a chance. I'm just baffled about how you can come to the conclusion that he would definitely be an improvement on other players.

Jesus. Is this better?

"The guy is 6ft 4, and could give us more options for turning a crucial game around, than say Iwelumo, Riordan or O'Connor are giving us currently"

Yes, that is more accurate. There isn't anything "clear" about it.

Chris Iwelumo is 6ft 4 too. Being tall is only useful if you can use it properly.

And Carroll is English.

Not if he plays for Scotland he isn't. You have no idea what nationality he considers himself.

Have you ever heard the guy talking, incidentally? If you knew absolutely nothing about the guy, where he was from or what he was doing, or where his parents/family were from, and you had to guess on the basis of hearing him talk, where he was from, it'd be about a sixty/forty split between Newcastle and Edinburgh, I'd suggest. It's a very odd mix.

Why does somebody's nationality depend, in your eyes, entirely on where they were born? Nationality is a far more complex issue than that. Fair enough he's shit, and that should be a reason for discounting him, but not where he was born.

And Nacho Novo is not currently eligible for Scotland. Carroll is. Therein lies the difference.

Part of me wants players like him to be capped, just to annoy the people with such a closed view on who should be eligible to play for Scotland, despite what just about every other country in the world does. And that aside he is probably a better option than most who are currently available.

As for Iwelumo, at the time of the Norway home game he was playing well and scoring goals in a league that is superior to the SPL, and fully deserved his chance.

So really i could or should just pick which country i wanna play for? Im not good enough for Scotland, maybe i should go try for San Marino. If Carroll was a really good player he would of chose england if given a chance. We are just second best.

And he does speak like a Geordie.

I though Novo can play for Scotland once he has been in Scotland for over 5 years just like i could for San Marino if i lived there for over 5 year? Or have i just made this all up

You know this for sure? Maybe he wants to play for Scotland. Maybe he knows he isn't good enough for England. None of our players are. If he wants to play, let him.

You don't hear any Scots in that accent at all? Really? I don't believe you. But it's besides the point.

Novo would have to change his nationality in order to play for Scotland. He is entitled to a UK passport if he wishes, which he doesn't. Which makes the whole point moot.

Disagree there.

Anyway i dont see why you would want a foreigner to play for your nation. For me i ant players who are scottish to play for scotland. Andy Carroll was born in England and has english parents. In my books that makes him english especially if he has been brought up in england. But oh no grandad jack from Aucternaewar makes Andy have a chance to play for a Scotland, great stuff

One of Carroll's parents has a Scottish parent. What if the parent in question considers themselves to be Scottish? That would make one of his parents Scottish wouldn't it?

Not at all, you cant just consider yourself to be another nationality. Oh today folks i consider to be italian. Dunno why just like the country really.

Bonjourno

I reckon a proper Italian would be able to speak their language properly.

I think Carroll is a great player, needs to learn to stay onside a bit more.

Reminds me of Peter Crouch when he started out, would definitely take him for Scotland.

The guy has only just turned 21, so it's a bit unfair to slate him off as not being international class, how many players are automatic internationals at that age? Give him a few years and he has a good chance of being a real star, it would be a shame to do nothing about it now and regret it in 5 years time when he's turning out for another country.

Not at all, you cant just consider yourself to be another nationality. Oh today folks i consider to be italian. Dunno why just like the country really.

Bonjourno

er, but my point is that the parent in question is half Scottish so that's a bit different from just deciding to be Scottish for no reason. :wacko::1eye

You know this for sure? Maybe he wants to play for Scotland. Maybe he knows he isn't good enough for England. None of our players are. If he wants to play, let him.

You don't hear any Scots in that accent at all? Really? I don't believe you. But it's besides the point.

Novo would have to change his nationality in order to play for Scotland. He is entitled to a UK passport if he wishes, which he doesn't. Which makes the whole point moot.

He doesn't want to play for Scotland. He said so like a year ago. Wants England.

He is a great player and we need goals, who cares if he is English. If he willing to play for us and can then Leven should pick them we he believes he is a best forward to score or create our goals because we are going to need them.

I also see no problems for Novo to play for us as well and if someone from Scotland wants to move to Andorra, San Marino or Timbucktoo to play for them then all the best to them.

Archived