Irvine Meadow V Arbroath

stevenston saint

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those predicting a win for the XI might have forgotten to factor in one very important point. Namely that David Lowing plays for Irvine. As Ayr, Stirling Albion, Forfar and to a lesser extent St Mirren fans will testify he is without doubt the worst player ever to get a gig in the senior ranks. What makes it worse is that Ayr actually paid money for him. If he's not playing Irvine have more of a shout.

I thought he was actually good when he played for Forfar

I hope it'll be 3-1 Medda :D

I thought he was actually good when he played for Forfar

I hope it'll be 3-1 Medda :D

I am looking for an away win as despite a healthy dislike of all things Smokie i am finding all this bravado from the Juniors tedious as ever .Whenever a league place comes up whos not at the head of the applications why its the Junior billy big times ? All wind and piss in the cup but oddly meek when there is a chance to prove themselves over a season.Oh and bye the way an average of £10 for a home league game soon chases away the "big crowds"we are always being told about so just stick to the wee pond and the banjo and gies peace.

Banjo? Irvine is a metropolis compared to Forfar mate :lol:

Reading your post shows that clearly you know f**k all about West of Scotland junior football. Why would we want to join the SFL and pay to watch Elgin or Berwick (No disrespect intended) When we can play the likes of Pollok or Talbot with crowds between 500-1000.

incidentally, how many non-league seniors applied?

Banjo? Irvine is a metropolis compared to Forfar mate :lol:

Reading your post shows that clearly you know f**k all about West of Scotland junior football. Why would we want to join the SFL and pay to watch Elgin or Berwick (No disrespect intended) When we can play the likes of Pollok or Talbot with crowds between 500-1000.

incidentally, how many non-league seniors applied?

You are actually agreeing with me then that there is no appetite for league football fair enough.Like you say you can play Pollok or Talbot in front of 500-1000 blimey i was always lead to belieive it was about 100000 by the tabloids.Annan, Gala Fairydean ,Preston Athletic ,Spartans ,Cove Rangers have all tried with Annan suceeding but like you say you can stick to Pollok or Talbot and keep playing the one string Banjo.

And we fucking showed you up the next year, so pipe down.

Thats life you played better deserved your victory,just as Threave did the year before.Good luck on sat against Cove remember its not that long ago since Preston Athletic beat you 2 0 in the Scottish.

Can't decide who i want to win this one.

On the one hand, im a selkirk man and they gave us a good beating last round, so in that respect would be good to see them progress.

On the other hand, some of my family have links to Arbroath........ f**k it, cmon the lichties :P:P

A true lose-lose for the Lichties.

A win and we get no credit for beating a "diddy" team

A loss and we are a laughing stock.

The Medda will be majorly up for this one so are boys will have to lift there game.

2-0 Lichties........I hope

Yep. Even made The Sun (might even have been one of the tabs on page three). Prestonpans is a horrible, horrible place.

Mon the Medda,get intae the shaggers of wooly mammals.

The myth that the juniors are "the same level as Division's Two or Three" to be well and truly shat on from a great height.

Medda 0 - 3 Arbroath. Mon the Smokies.

Not a widely held view to be fair, and when it is trumped out it's usually from some Junior FA dinosaur desperately trying to stop clubs thinking of leaving.

Meadow last season were an excellent side, best team in our league, but not convinced they're at that level anymore. Arbroath should win this one.

I would say though that the best 4 or 5 clubs in the Juniors wouldn't finish bottom of the 3rd if they each got a crack at it on their own. I seem to recall a weakened Lok beating an Annan side 5-0 in pre-season the year before they stepped up. We'd have done no worse than them last season IMO.

Archived