Irvine Meadow V Arbroath

stevenston saint

Will be taking in this Scottish Cup tie next weekend as refuse to go to that shithole that is Parkhead.

Looking forward to seeing how a top junior outfit will get on against an average lower league side. I would expect there to be a large crowd inside Meadow Park and fancy an upset and Arbroath won't be looking forward to this tie one bit.

Cmon the Dow. :)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldn't make such silly predictions. you might end up with egg on your face.

Love how you're calling us a pub team. Do you realise our wage budget is probably double yours? oh aye, yer playing wi' the big boys noo! :D

Well pump them well and truly. The 2nd division table is against us atm but every team in that league can beat each other so our standard is quite good id say. Should be good to settle the wee team down and get through to the next round.

Nice and confident,hope your team approaches the game in the same way.

It won't be that easy at all. Saints went to Spartans a few years ago when we romped away with the 1st Division title and were lucky to come away with a 0-0.

36-0 world record could be in danger here against this pub unwashed mob from the west coast, a minimum fifteen goal win is required :P

Unwashed mob :lol: Nice one,have you ever looked out the window in Arbroath,it's the dirtiest town on the East Coast by far? :(

BTW How many fisher boys will be making the trip? Don't worry, plenty of space for your boats at Irvine Harbour or i believe the overflow is at Troon and then a short train ride to Irvine.

i wouldn't make such silly predictions. you might end up with egg on your face.

Love how you're calling us a pub team. Do you realise our wage budget is probably double yours? oh aye, yer playing wi' the big boys noo! :D

What's the crowd limit for Saturday mate? Any idea as I expect a couple of thousand at least. I know loads of people who don't normally go that are going to this.

7/1 Meadow with bet 365 ,

I'll be having some of that. :)

Arbroath will win easy and the juniors will be shown up as the mince they are once more. Looking at the Irvine Meadow side it's full of players not good enough for senior.

Did Stenny not think the same when they came down to play Threave.

This will be a close game.

As bad as some of those Medda guys were for us the likes of Strain seemed to do not too badly in Cup games like the one we lost to Dunfermline at home on Penalties when they were an SPL side.

Best of luck to Medda with the exception of Hamilton and Swift who are a pair of c**ts.

Did Stenny not think the same when they came down to play Threave.

Threave aren't a junior side ya doughnut.

And just to add Threave are one of the worst teams I have ever seen in my life which will show you how bad we played that day. Plus a freak goal from a 40 yard free kick.

I think I will be investing a couple of quid on the two Junior sides at those odds. 2 singles and a double probably.

Meadow played very well against us on Saturday, JP Boyle came on as a sub and he is very fast and will cause any defence problems. Midfield is full of good football players, and they are usually pretty good on their own patch.

One thing that people should bear in mind when writing the Meadow off, this is not what most people in the Juniors would call a "normal" junior side. Some of their players aren't there because they aren't good enough for the seniors, they are there because the money is better than a fair chunk of the bottom 2 divisions can offer.

Stevenston Saint (Ps3 not letting me quote) Don't think there will be a crowd limit. Meadow Park can easily hold 4000 plus. I'm no expecting there will be that many... just make sure you get down in plenty of time :lol:

Cannae wait. The Turfs gonna be bouncing.

Stevenston Saint (Ps3 not letting me quote) Don't think there will be a crowd limit. Meadow Park can easily hold 4000 plus. I'm no expecting there will be that many... just make sure you get down in plenty of time :lol:

10 folk in the Turf Stuboy n its bouncin :lol: :lol:

Anyways, C'mon The Mighty Medda :D

Is there seriouslya guy from Paisley commenting on Arbroaths cleanliness :lol: not only that he has also been such a sad f**k he's been round every town on Scotlands east coast with a cloth and mr muscle seeing which is the dirtiest :lol:

No seriously there isn't as I'm not from Paisley-If you had looked under my avatar on the left(which i'm sure you noticed) there is a little section that tells you that.You even used the laughing icon after your sentence that now doesn't even make sense and shows you up as a bit foolish.Think you should possibly think before you post in future although that's just an observation, you can choose if you want to take it on board or not.

My job gives me the opportunity of being a "sad f*ck" and visiting most towns on the East coast unfortunately and yes i really feel like a "sad f*ck" when I'm jetting off to Florida twice a year with the family. Lifes a bitch mate.

Cheers mate.

10 folk in the Turf Stuboy n its bouncin :lol: :lol:

Anyways, C'mon The Mighty Medda :D

That's harsh :lol:

I like the Turf to be honest and as you know it's the closest pub to the ground so you never know what it will be like if Meadow win.

Archived