Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Open Trials

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

arab87

arab87

Sunday League Sub

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • My Team:Scotland
With the news that Clyde FC are holding open trials in an attempt to find some players, I was wondering if this is something that Junior teams often do?

Is anyone aware of any teams holding open trials this summer?

pentland

pentland

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

With the news that Clyde FC are holding open trials in an attempt to find some players, I was wondering if this is something that Junior teams often do?

Is anyone aware of any teams holding open trials this summer?

Absolutely no chance.

lazyjack

lazyjack

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts
  • My Team:Irvine Meadow
  • WC Team:Germany
Ive always thought of this as being a fantastic way for players who would otherwise be over looked to prove themselves, Just wish more of the senior clubs would try it :D
MEDDA TILL WE DIE

pumphy_man

pumphy_man

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • My Team:Pumpherston Juniors
Pumphy had an open day about 4 years ago,and got a few decent players from it.these days we often get emails or calls from players looking for a trial.for example Gordon Adam who was a great find unfortunately broke his leg,the gd news is he has the all clear to start preseason training.

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/pumpherstonjuniors

The Gowfer

The Gowfer

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • My Team:Carnoustie Panmure
i actually think it would be a great way for clubs to pick up guys on the cheap

im shocked club dont actually do it, iv seen some great players in sunday league football that would really do well at jr level but havnt had the chance to give it a go. this would be the ideal chance for them

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • My Team:Partick Thistle

Pumphy had an open day about 4 years ago,and got a few decent players from it.these days we often get emails or calls from players looking for a trial.for example Gordon Adam who was a great find unfortunately broke his leg,the gd news is he has the all clear to start preseason training.

bit the like the x factor of football then :lol:

AlanCamelonfan

AlanCamelonfan

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • My Team:Camelon Juniors
Some you find don't want to and would rather play with their pals.

ALan

quote name='The Gowfer' date='Jun 15 2009, 10:19' post='3510018']
i actually think it would be a great way for clubs to pick up guys on the cheap

im shocked club dont actually do it, iv seen some great players in sunday league football that would really do well at jr level but havnt had the chance to give it a go. this would be the ideal chance for them
[/quote]

BadgersNadgers

BadgersNadgers

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
Surprised it doesn't happen more often. Junior clubs and in fact all part-time clubs obviously don't have much of a scouting system in place so there is an element of luck in how they find their players.
"There’s an army around the country, we’re all stuck in our rooms"

BadgersNadgers

BadgersNadgers

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
Clyde had a successful season a few years ago signing a squad of juniors and youngsters, but I'm not sure if they can do it again. But I think John Brown is the right type of man for that kind of job.
"There’s an army around the country, we’re all stuck in our rooms"

The Old Northerner

The Old Northerner

The Premier Division is overrated

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,809 posts
  • My Team:Haddington Athletic
  • WC Team:England

Surprised it doesn't happen more often. Junior clubs and in fact all part-time clubs obviously don't have much of a scouting system in place so there is an element of luck in how they find their players.

I would have thought that Junior clubs would be amenable to 'randoms' making contact asking to attend training. There's been one or two who have contacted the HAFC website with a brief CV - obviously there's no guarantee that they'll make the grade but I can't see that having a formal open day would make too much difference

There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users