The New Raith Rovers Thread

Laidlaw cost us a good few points last season, cost us some against QoS and today made another mistake. He has made too many and I'm afraid that, for me, enough is enough. Watson and Ellis may well have cost goals today with errors, but they aren't throwing away goals 2 out of every five games they play.

Unfortunately, McGurn hasn't played a competitive game for almost a year. I can understand why Laidlaw's error last week didn't see him dropped to the bench today.

Laidlaw cost us a good few points last season, cost us some against QoS and today made another mistake. He has made too many and I'm afraid that, for me, enough is enough. Watson and Ellis may well have cost goals today with errors, but they aren't throwing away goals 2 out of every five games they play.

Unfortunately, McGurn hasn't played a competitive game for almost a year. I can understand why Laidlaw's error last week didn't see him dropped to the bench today.

Get a grip man, he was between the sticks in our semi final against the Shippy.

Well let's actually get behind the team next week then, rather than groan and shout if a player does something wrong..

Perhaps if Murray actually sends the side out with some words of inspiration we'll start a home game on the front foot for once and generate some goodwill from the support. It's the team that need to build some bridges here, not the fans.

In all likelihood Alloa will go one up early on and the atmosphere will be poisonous. If it does then so be it, the management and players have brought this on themselves.

I would be inclined to drop McKeown and play conroy left back with Anderson or McKay playing left wing. The defence needs an overhaul.

McGurn

Thomson Hill Watson Conroy

McKay Moon Scott Anderson

Nade Stewart

I would not give this individual house room, he is not an addition to the squad despite being 'on loan', I'd rather play with ten men.

Would rather have him in midfield than Fox

Have a word with Bert and we'll see how it goes.

ETA.

Oh I see, double bluff, stick him in and get rid of the manager.

I see what you did there.

Edited by Zen Archer

Perhaps it's unfair for me to comment as I've only seen him play twice. One of which was his MOM performance.

I hate to press, however he was given MOM when he hardly touched the ball.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was an 'arrangement' to enhance this to his persona to add to his CV.

We now have games coming up at home to the bottom of the league team and away to a junior side in the cup. If we lose either of these matches Murray can get stuffed.

just a wee heads up about our social club.raith supporters club are being given 60 tickets for the club..

so better to just stay in town for a wee drink.as its a walk back the way you came otherwise wasting time.

Well let's actually get behind the team next week then, rather than groan and shout if a player does something wrong..

Do the players hear the groans?

I noticed the announcer at the Rovers has changed it slightly. It used to be "let's make some noise for the Rovers!". Then fans booed. Now it's "let's get right behind the Rovers!" What does that entail? Is that the drum?

...we should really have a singing section. Gary Glen could sit in it and start the songs.

Edited by Scary Bear

Perhaps if Murray actually sends the side out with some words of inspiration we'll start a home game on the front foot for once and generate some goodwill from the support. It's the team that need to build some bridges here, not the fans.

In all likelihood Alloa will go one up early on and the atmosphere will be poisonous. If it does then so be it, the management and players have brought this on themselves.

Who gives a shit whose fault it is if it's not helping the team? That's the attitude of a man who makes no attempt to avoid being run over if it's his right of way.

Do the players hear the groans?

I noticed the announcer at the Rovers has changed it slightly. It used to be "let's make some noise for the Rovers!". Then fans booed. Now it's "let's get right behind the Rovers!" What does that entail? Is that the drum?

...we should really have a singing section. Gary Glen could sit in it and start the songs.

The interview with Lee Robinson last season suggested the players were aware of the shouts and groans.

The announcer has been saying lets get right behind the Rovers for years

The interview with Lee Robinson last season suggested the players were aware of the shouts and groans.

The announcer has been saying lets get right behind the Rovers for years

Who groans so loudly that the keeper and players can here it?

Maybe it was just the one game. But the announcer definitely said "let's make some noise for the Rovers". The guy along from me bellowed "boooo". Made me smile.