The New Raith Rovers Thread

Conroy can play left back as well can he not? Surely he'll know how to cover McKeown? I've not seen the team in pre season though so can't really comment. Surely be able to protect him better than Cardle?

I agree that on first impressions, McKeown doesn't fill me with as much enthusiasm as Booth did, although that's not to say that I think he's performed poorly.

It could also be the case that he's still growing into a new kind of role too. He was asked to play as a wing back at Cowdenbeath and provide them with width, whereas our 4-4-2 means he has to curtail that a wee bit.

I'm also sceptical as to how much protection Conroy will give him, which is something else he possibly has to consider before he goes off gallivanting.

There were signs he was keen to get forward though, with that chance at the end of the first half, and as has already been mentioned, the moment where he popped up on the right wing in the second.

McKeown is very fast, a natural left footer, has a great throw-in and gives his all. However, he isn't the best tackler in the world but a very good addition to your squad. He will be one of your better players.

f**k knows where the goals are gonna come from on Saturday if Glen doesn't start.

f**k knows where the goals are going to come from even if he does! In four friendlies, only Christian Nade scored in open play. I'm not overly worried about it, but it is a slight concern.

Also, I may have mentioned this before, but Craig Barr choosing number 55?

tumblr_mhs1nultQc1rd37xho5_r2_250.gif

I think its a bit unfair judging McKeown on these friendlies as in all three we had very little of the ball and on the back foot most of the time against three good teams. Wait until we are playing teams at our own level where we will have more of the ball and be attacking more, then we will see if he will ovelap much. Thomson has hardly crossed the half way either in the three games, nobody has moaned about him.

f**k knows where the goals are going to come from even if he does! In four friendlies, only Christian Nade scored in open play. I'm not overly worried about it, but it is a slight concern.

tumblr_mhs1nultQc1rd37xho5_r2_250.gif

We weren't particularly prolific last year either: 3 goals over the 4 games, same as this year. At least, going into the league last year, we socred enough and were tight enough to actually do well over the first few months,

[

Yes you do appear to have an issue with him having the no 55 ;-) . Probably simple, he wanted the no 5 with him being a centerhalf, the no 5 had gone so he takes second best and has two number fives hence 55

Edited by starks mad

Any sign of Craig Dargo at Starks Park? Some eagle-eyed observers spotted that we seem to be starting the season minus a player coach, but strangely no mention from the club about about what/where he is/isn't.

Not seen him. But then you could hide three of him behind Nade, so maybe he's been playing all along and been hidden from view.

Edited by Yoss

Any sign of Craig Dargo at Starks Park? Some eagle-eyed observers spotted that we seem to be starting the season minus a player coach, but strangely no mention from the club about about what/where he is/isn't.

Nope sorry, try popping into the police station on Carnegie Dr, they might be a better option when it comes to finding a missing person. ;)