The New Raith Rovers Thread

Part timer

Before i moved down south i was home and away literally every week. I've been to 9, that'll be my limit unfortunately. But next season, i'll try to double it. I'll be watching BBC Alba on sunday. I just have a sneaky feeling that our names on that cup, if Hill and Watson hold firm, our forward boys will do the job.

Wonder how many fans will be giving up their tickets to watch the hockey? Bit disappointing to be honest. We harped on that we didn't get enough tickets and now people are ditching the game at the drop of a hat for some play-off?

Wonder how many fans will be giving up their tickets to watch the hockey? Bit disappointing to be honest. We harped on that we didn't get enough tickets and now people are ditching the game at the drop of a hat for some play-off?

I hope that the tickets at least find their way to some of the Rovers fans who have missed out so far.

The thing that fucks the atmosphere at starks is the 2 hulking stands at either end usually between a tenth and a third full with an abandoned railway stand straight out a zombie film and a huge hole on the other side. I wonder if we could do anything on the main stand side to plug the gap. Perhaps portacabin style units to make hospitality boxes? And then turning the railway stand into terracing. All cost money and are way down the list of priorities.

if they were rovers fans they wouldnt give a f**k about the hockey

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Flyers game to be postponed due to a frozen....pitch :unsure2:

Just out of curiosity what day is the Flyers game? Spoke to a few people that are combining both by going to the Flyers then coming back up for the cup final game. My Facebook page is going doolally with daft wee bints getting all giddy at the Flyers lately and quoting some song they sing about roaring :huh: . Just can't imagine the Fife Flyers, for as many fans as they are attracting as of late, having the same effect as a football game in terms of passion. Seems overly family friendly. Not that I don't condone that at football but I want to get pished and indulge in various hate filled rants at the opposition ie Bodge style. Do the Flyers have a Bodge character?

Unless, you know, they were also flyers fans.

You would think folk could comprehend this, but seemingly not. It's not that rare for people to support more than one sport, and/or football team.

At the end of the day it's a final, but it's a diddy cup final. Beggars can't be choosers, but this tournament is not one that i get excited about. For me this final is all about the Rovers support getting a chance of a good day out, playing the second biggest team in Scotland, at Easter Road with a huge support and decent atmosphere, and the possibility of silverware (however diddy). The Scottish Cup, or even the League Cup, it ain't.

yes but for me one is more important than the other,so in that respect your either predominately a rovers supporter first and foremost or flyers supporters first and foremost

No. They are different sports ffs. I can support both equally. For as long as I can remember I have went to the rovers on a Saturday afternoon and then the flyers at night. I buy season tickets for both. I buy tops for both (for family now because I don't get a wear out of them). I use/join supporters club for both. I travel to away games for both. My weekend revolves, yes revolves, both teams doing well or I am a miserable b*****d. I am neither a rovers or flyers fan "first and foremost".

Flyers game to be postponed due to a frozen....pitch :unsure2:

Just out of curiosity what day is the Flyers game? Spoke to a few people that are combining both by going to the Flyers then coming back up for the cup final game. My Facebook page is going doolally with daft wee bints getting all giddy at the Flyers lately and quoting some song they sing about roaring :huh: . Just can't imagine the Fife Flyers, for as many fans as they are attracting as of late, having the same effect as a football game in terms of passion. Seems overly family friendly. Not that I don't condone that at football but I want to get pished and indulge in various hate filled rants at the opposition ie Bodge style. Do the Flyers have a Bodge character?

Flyers play their semi final on the Saturday at 1. If they win (which is probably unlikely) they'll play the final at 4 on the Sunday. If they get beat on the Saturday they have to play a 3rd vs 4th game but that's regarded as a farce and no one is really interested in it.

My plan is to travel to Nottingham and watch both semi finals and then return for the football regardless if the flyers win or not.

Personally I would say hockey fans, especially in Scottish hockey, are just as important in getting the team fired up. Each game is more of an event instead of just a fixture. Although it is borderline cringey at times (they have a 'dj' who thinks the rink go to see him' when the rink is loud it is unbelievable.

Flyers may not have a bodge type character but they have very little fans who won't sing or chant when they are started. Personally I prefer a football atmosphere because it isn't as family friendly but a hockey atmosphere is still good. Especially recently where crowds have been really high.

Flyers play their semi final on the Saturday at 1. If they win (which is probably unlikely) they'll play the final at 4 on the Sunday. If they get beat on the Saturday they have to play a 3rd vs 4th game but that's regarded as a farce and no one is really interested in it.

My plan is to travel to Nottingham and watch both semi finals and then return for the football regardless if the flyers win or not.

Personally I would say hockey fans, especially in Scottish hockey, are just as important in getting the team fired up. Each game is more of an event instead of just a fixture. Although it is borderline cringey at times (they have a 'dj' who thinks the rink go to see him' when the rink is loud it is unbelievable.

Flyers may not have a bodge type character but they have very little fans who won't sing or chant when they are started. Personally I prefer a football atmosphere because it isn't as family friendly but a hockey atmosphere is still good. Especially recently where crowds have been really high.

Never been to the ice rink since I was a bairn. Has it been done up that it can accommodate crowds of 3000+ as I can't remember it being overly big inside. What would you say is the main reason that the Flyers can get bigger crowds than the Rovers? Is it the fact the Flyers are doing well or is there much more on offer on the night that helps entice people back? Are they better at promoting their fixtures etc?. It's weird how they are getting really good crowds yet apart from on these forums I never hear people around the town talking about them.