The New Raith Rovers Thread

Playing Lisa Lougheed's seminal theme tune to the aforementioned hit1980s cartoon would be fantastic!!! The south stand would erupt after a goal to the cry of run with us, come with us, I see passion in your eyes... Run with us, we are free! That would be magic. Lets start the campaign to make it a club anthem. It's some tune.

Dennis alexander from crooked jack and andy chung sang a couple of verses on the song and all the money raised was going to raith not charity.Why do you not rather than criticise folk doing things do something yourselves like contacting the club and see if the fans can do different play lists every home game.Liverpool do it and one fan each game gets their play list chosen from the main website then it gets played at half time of chosen home game.As for the townie commenting on a rovers topic f**k off to the lower league thread. :thumbsdown

Dennis alexander from crooked jack and andy chung sang a couple of verses on the song and all the money raised was going to raith not charity.Why do you not rather than criticise folk doing things do something yourselves like contacting the club and see if the fans can do different play lists every home game.Liverpool do it and one fan each game gets their play list chosen from the main website then it gets played at half time of chosen home game.As for the townie commenting on a rovers topic f**k off to the lower league thread. :thumbsdown

Is it not time to let this go?

Anyway, the raccoons theme tune works for me as well.

Gavin nobody is having a go at you or the other guys. You put in a great effort for the club and we all appreciate it. Like most fundraising songs its just not very good and anyone who bought it did so to donate to the cause.

I unfortunately take things to heart and totally understand if folk dont like it but we tried.Any way i have asked gordon to not play it any more and as from christmas it will be removed from i-tunes.Thanks to those who spent a few pence in buying it as the £110 raised from it has went to the club.

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY

Gavin nobody is having a go at you or the other guys. You put in a great effort for the club and we all appreciate it. Like most fundraising songs its just not very good and anyone who bought it did so to donate to the cause.

From what I gather there are a few who's criticism seems to have hit home.

Gav, you have made a huge effort over the years to do your best for the club that you love and this is well received.

With regards the 'Geordie Munroe' revamp, please relate this as a Marmite moment, some will like it, some wont, I for one don't mind it, so move on, it's the Rovers that matter, not the song so stop taking it personally.

I'm up for the Racoon's theme too, although would probably work better as the tune for the players coming out of the tunnel than for goal celebration, it would get the place bouncing. Timeless, catchy, and everyone knows the lyrics!

The goalscoring theme should be reserved for Org.Grenzland Sextet - Der alte dessauer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBxXp8wQmeg)

Edited by Stelios

We could always send out the first 10 players out to the Racoons theme, giving our opposition a false sense of happiness and security. Then send out Dougie Hill to the Terminator 2 theme tune...he's just a set of shades, a shotgun and a leather jacket off the look. Even the hair isn't too far off below...

I unfortunately take things to heart and totally understand if folk dont like it but we tried.Any way i have asked gordon to not play it any more and as from christmas it will be removed from i-tunes.Thanks to those who spent a few pence in buying it as the £110 raised from it has went to the club.

£110 is a good amount. How much we're you hoping to raise?

why ask gordon not to play it on the back of a few on a message board that dont like it?what about those that may like it and who purchaed.?there many songs that are played at starks that others dont like but are`n`t asking gordon to stop playing them.fs if everyone did that there would be no songs played at starks

Here's a good idea, have the team come out to "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC,

They do. It's played for about thirty seconds, at which point nothing has actually happened in the song. Geordie Munro is then generally played.

There's no need for music as the teams come out, or at goals. Boooo. #AMF #RESPECT

I hate status quo and rockin all over the world in real life but I've grown to associate it with a rovers win so would probably miss it

As someone said up there its all about personal tastes. The rovers have chosen for as long as I remember to play pretty middle of the road, inoffensive stuff. It's just wallpaper really but then I don't go to Starks to listen to music

That said I think rotating playlists is a great idea. You'd hear different stuff week in week out.

So for me Geordie Munro (trad) at least once before kick off, rotating playlist and quo if we win would get my vote

I'd personally prefer a switch to the traditional Geordie Munro tune, as the fans aren't getting as involved as they should be with the current one. I'd also wish they'd change the goal celebration music. Something like Zombie Nation would be better.

Edited by Fotbawmad