The New Raith Rovers Thread

Next season is going to be grim. Fans will be waiting for any slip up to demand he's sacked. If he doesn't get the perfect start then the crowd will be on his back. We'll be two games into the season and there will be howls of derision and booing. That grim prospect alone makes me think we'd be better paying him off and starting afresh with someone new

That situation is entirely of Murray's own making.

Personally I won't even be giving him two games.

Is there anyone here that still supports the manager?

Err no

McGurn wants to stay, if this is the case the contract should have been done as early as possible. I can't think of a single reason we would want to lose him, he has pulled off some brilliant saves, he commands our back 4 better than any other keeper we have had in his time here, he is a favourite of the fans, he is arguably the best keeper in a league containing Rangers, Hearts and Hibs and to top it all plays for part time wages. The only time McGurn should leave is when he wants to.

How many of our poor results in both periods was McGurn on the bench?

Edited by San Starko Rover

I know McGurn is a cracking keeper, but I am starting to think that his appearances are simply papering over the cracks of a piss poor team.

I am also failing to see what our DoF has brought to the table, especially if part of his role (which I understand it is) is to deal with player contracts.

Next season will indeed be grim. Murray has proved that he is utterly clueless in the transfer market. Even a perfect start won't change many people's minds. The football is awful. The Board back him with a decent budget, good training facilities at Glenrothes and a Director of Football.

Still we are rotten to watch.

This is a team of full time players that often look like total strangers. A full time set up with no tactical awareness, no inventive set pieces or set plays. It is like groundhog day. There is no plan. What does Murray AND his team do all week. We can't take a through in, lump every corner into the box, can't defend set pieces, rarely string together 5 passes and resort almost every week to aimless long balls or percentage balls into channels. Time us up on all the coaching staff. The only people that don't see it are the board.

As for the "he is a nice guy" bollocks. I don't care. He is not employed to be nice. He IS employed to get the product on the park right, win football matches and entertain the crowd. He us a failure!

He does not help himself with post match interviews. Just come out and be honest. It's the same old excuses to VERY tame questions s every week.

The fans are tired of it.

I was waiting for a confirmed source before I wrote this as I don't like jumping the gun ...

However now Matt Elder has semi said the club haven't offered anything to McGurn I'm done. Its not a nice thing to have to say, but for the first time since Claude The Fraud was in charge im far from happy with the current situation on and off the park ! if we go ahead and let go our best player and possibly best keeper EVER for the simple fact he's PT then I'm done with Murray and I'm done with the BOD/Club as a whole until he's gone.

The man was loyal to us through the McGlynn/McNeil crap which arguably cost us a season in the SPL and to repay him we leave him benched as we concede 4 a week and offer him nothing ? Absolute shambles of a club, it'll be goodbye from me.

Edited by ADMO

Next season is going to be grim. Fans will be waiting for any slip up to demand he's sacked. If he doesn't get the perfect start then the crowd will be on his back. We'll be two games into the season and there will be howls of derision and booing. That grim prospect alone makes me think we'd be better paying him off and starting afresh with someone new

In other words, exactly where we were last season.

I don't think the fans can be blamed for their views; too often we just suffer prolonged periods of very poor form and it's tiresome. Murray did manage to regain some goodwill after Christmas, but it is more than the results since the Falkirk game that have upset people. Yes, the games weren't getting us to the play-offs, but it just seems everyone has given up. Given the majority of these players are out of contract, you would expect at least some degree of effort to be shown.

I was happy for Murray to be given next season after he turned things round but I don't think that's still the case. He'll be here, but I don't think my expectations are particularly positive.

Edited by Michael W

I understand the logic of the full time keeper who trains with the team etc - everybody does. And Cuthbert came with a good reputation after the way he ended last season. But this has not been a success. McGurn's worth has been underestimated and the full-time v part-time value has been overestimated.

Rovers board and management must realise that this is something the fans want en masse. There is a crisis of confidence and faith in management and this can go some way to mending it. It can be fixed while he hasn't signed elsewhere.

Make McGurn an offer, a good one too.

Davie has to stay. There's no ifs ands or buts about it. He's the only player in that poor excuse for a team that I would be heartbroken to lose. We're damned lucky to have him and his loyalty, his contract offer should be presented to him on a velvet pillow.

I don't even know how anyone within our club could possibly think it would be a good idea to let McGurn go. Pure lunacy.

If we do pull the finger out and give McGurn a contract then I'd be happy to build a squad around McGurn, Barr, Callachan and Vaughan. Not really fussed about keeping any of the rest other than maybe Conroy and Hill.

I don't even know how anyone within our club could possibly think it would be a good idea to let McGurn go. Pure lunacy.

If we do pull the finger out and give McGurn a contract then I'd be happy to build a squad around McGurn, Barr, Callachan and Vaughan. Not really fussed about keeping any of the rest other than maybe Conroy and Hill.

That's about the size of it Lister. There's always a place for Conroy and Hill.

Conroy is rubbish as well. I'll be pretty disappointed if we offer him a new deal.

He'd have scored yesterday if Vaughan hadn't gotten a bit big-headed. Name another winger at this level who gets double figures in goals..

Conroy's joint top scorer this season. He must have the most assists as well. So if you're looking to get rid of Conroy, then Anderson is a guarantee to boot then..

He'd have scored yesterday if Vaughan hadn't gotten a bit big-headed. Name another winger at this level who gets double figures in goals..

Conroy's joint top scorer this season. He must have the most assists as well. So if you're looking to get rid of Conroy, then Anderson is a guarantee to boot then..

At least Anderson tries. Conroy shows very little effort and has no positional sense at all. How Dundee managed to win the league with the likes of him and Nade in their side, not to mention Davidson and Dyer, is beyond me.

At least Anderson tries. Conroy shows very little effort and has no positional sense at all. How Dundee managed to win the league with the likes of him and Nade in their side, not to mention Davidson and Dyer, is beyond me.

Decent management might of had something to do with it?

There's a problem if one player tries but gets less goals and assists than a player that puts no effort in..

And you know he would have scored how?

Jamie Walker.

Anderson > Conroy.