The New Raith Rovers Thread

We should admit to ourselves that we don't really know what this will 'look like'in day-to-day club business, and as a result it's hard to judge whether it will be positive or negative in its impact on performances, results or morale. The board won't have taken this step lightly. Let's give it a chance.

It seems to me that a DoF role is a fairly nebulous term that can mean a lot of things depending on what is needed of it. In this case Murray probably needs someone who will help out in the day to day and can offer advice on tactical matters. Someone who can get that defence organised, even if it's just saying the same thing as Murray but in a way more likely to get the players to respond would be helpful.

Smacks of " We need to be seen to be doing something, but don't have the balls to change the thing that really

needs changing i.e. booting Murray and appointing someone semi-competent"

Plus, any desire to get rid of the useless Murray will need to be tempered with the knowledge that he will simply be

replaced by miserable Maurice

What an awful Xmas present for Rovers fans. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thing is, most of Murray's signings aren't bad on paper. He just seems unable to motivate the players or put them into a coherent system - that's where we fall down.

I'm staying on the fence about this one. I'm not sure this was necessary, but we'll see how it goes.

I don't imagine the roles are completely compartmentalised.

"Right Bert, you go away and sit in that room, pick eleven players for Saturday. I'll be upstairs trying to sign five new ones. Laurie's outside setting the whole squad up for the next game. We'll speak again next week."

It's obviously a collaborative effort. Malpas will almost certainly assume some of the more "senior" responsibilities, like reporting to the boardroom and directly negotiating transfers/contracts with other clubs/agents, as befits a Director of Football, but to suggest that he'll be off signing players while Grant Murray struggles on alone at the training ground is just daft.

Smacks of " We need to be seen to be doing something, but don't have the balls to change the thing that really

needs changing i.e. booting Murray and appointing someone semi-competent"

Plus, any desire to get rid of the useless Murray will need to be tempered with the knowledge that he will simply be

replaced by miserable Maurice

What an awful Xmas present for Rovers fans. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Should you not be down in the Pars thread, where your compatriots are currently bickering about just how big a team you are?

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

It seems to me that a DoF role is a fairly nebulous term that can mean a lot of things depending on what is needed of it. In this case Murray probably needs someone who will help out in the day to day and can offer advice on tactical matters. Someone who can get that defence organised, even if it's just saying the same thing as Murray but in a way more likely to get the players to respond would be helpful.

we brought butcher in a similar role years ago.wasnt very successful I recall Edited by Rovers_Lad

we brought butcher in a similar role years ago.wasnt very successful I recall

Relatively speaking, yeah I agree. Though he was a defensive coach to a manager with strong opinions and a track record of success. I'd guess Malpas will have more input. Whether that's good or bad we'lol need to see.

Uh ohhh, he's used that dreaded term already, we are all doomed: "He said: “First and foremost I have been looking for a job back in football and when this opportunity came up it made perfect sense.""

Maybe the players will show some respect to someone that isn't a soft touch like Murray.

I don't think he will have anything to do with the team, I reckon that his appointment falls at the right time when he can assess performances(sic) and offer an opinion on weaknesses (can of worms well and truly opened).

The January window is obviously his first task, which could be bringing in loan players to be cover for the departing McKay and hopefully Perry, although I think we have enough cover in respect of the latter.

If you have followed my line of thought/abuse in the past, McKeown hasn't been the player we expected and has to be replaced.

Lastly, Elliot is just a moaning attention seeker who 'strictly' should apply his talents on playing football as opposed to dropping like a stone when someone breathes on him.

To be honest zen, I've not been to a game this season. I've seen us getting humped on the telly twice though. I've lost interest a bit to be fair. The time put petrol in the car and drive over the bridge to fife, get a bite to eat and a drink, there's the best part of £40 already. And all for a poor end product on the park??

I don't think he will have anything to do with the team, I reckon that his appointment falls at the right time when he can assess performances(sic) and offer an opinion on weaknesses (can of worms well and truly opened).

The January window is obviously his first task.

For me all of this, I think the BOD deserve credit where (I would hope) they have seen a problem finally and decided to address it in the sense of bringing in a well known man who surely has a various degree of contacts as to which we could try and take advantage of in January !

I think it may be a case of no BS to Murray, he should be in the team or he should not, he should stay in the match day squad or he should go, we need cover here or we don't and hopefully Malpas like said has the correct contacts to get a few nice loans ... Wishfull thinking I suppose, but I like to try be positive until proven otherwise :P

Edited by ADMO