Livingston - all the threads merged

You'll be paying for his involvement for a long time to come and not just with money :P:P

Aye me and Phantoms-livi-lass should have stood at the entrance to the club last June with arms folded and stern faces and told him to go away. Oh the guilt, the guilt. :unsure:

Still confused why you're pleading poverty one minute then drafting in such experience? Maybe they wanted to play for free (incurring no expenses - HJ knows more than me about the regulations for what makes a "Trialist), it's just a bit like being skint then buying an expensive sledgehammer to crack a diddy nut

There is nothing in the SFL rules preventing triallists being paid, as far as I'm aware, and I'd be surprised if over-arching SFA rules prevent it (can't be bothered checking). I'd be astonished if 2 players who've spent their entire careers as professionals + who have represented their country at various levels, played in a Div 3 fixture for free. If someone knows conclusively otherwise OK.

On the subject of rules... I see SFL have just added a new snazzy version to their website :lol: !!

Obviously we were not playing a diddy wee team though. :(

I have no idea if they were paid or not, Robbie Winters also played in the friendly against Falkirk & I know Roddy is injured so we did not have a keeper that's why McNeil was playing.

What you mean is you did not have an experienced keeper. You have other registered keepers...

Aye me and Phantoms-livi-lass should have stood at the entrance to the club last June with arms folded and stern faces and told him to go away. Oh the guilt, the guilt. :unsure:

Sad truth is, in a few years time you might well be saying the same about these latest saviours!!

Edited by HibeeJibee

Sad truth is, in a few years time you might well be saying the same about these latest saviours!!

Years? Months, in the case of one of the "five"... :unsure:

What you mean is you did not have an experienced keeper. You have other registered keepers...

Yes sorry I should have made that clear, an experienced keeper as our other two are in the under 19's

Right now I'm not viewing the new board as 'saviours' it remains to be seen if they can do the job they have promised to, and given past experience I shall wait for the proof before any faith & trust is given to them, they surely cannot expect anything else considering what our support has had to put up with.

Your husband and wife double act might just have been enough. :lol:

Here's a nice article / rant on the lack of punishment to teams going through administration down south:

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=1874

(It's not me who wrote that one, it's a multi-contributor blog.)

Excellent article Yoss and nice avatar too. B)

Way off topic - but another win for AFCW against Alty on Saturday - isn't that the team with whom you have family connections? I couldn't make the trip North on Saturday but by most accounts it was well deserved.

AFCW up to 4th in the Conference National and playing top of the table Oxford at home this coming Saturday with little pressure - I just love this consolidation lark. ;)

Alty was the team my dad used to take me along to watch when I was a kid in Manchester, yeah. I had meant to go to that game but it didn't quite happen for one reason and another. Don't think I'm going to get to London for a bit either, so I probably won't see Wimbledon until the Barrow game later in the year.

All this talk of keeping full-time players in case they're still in division one seems to overlook the small point that they lost something in the region of a million quid by maintaining a full-time squad in division one just last season.

I've brought this up several times on the LL forum, going on what VT said on this thread several pages back, Livi would need at least 3,000 home gates plus decent sponsorship to afford FT players, it just doesn't make sense that we can be FT.

I've brought this up several times on the LL forum, going on what VT said on this thread several pages back, Livi would need at least 3,000 home gates plus decent sponsorship to afford FT players, it just doesn't make sense that we can be FT.

Yes it makes sense to us but don't be surprised if 'the big men' still think it can be done! :o:angry:

As for what was said at the first meeting does anyone know if the consortium did actually fail to put up a bond or give a reasonable assurance that the bond (for the 1st Div estimate of costs) would be forthcoming? (Apologies if that has been conclusively dealt with on this thread and I have just missed it). That's the bit I just don't get. If the consortium couldn't put up then fair enough all bets were off and back to the drawing board and the decision to demote Livi

I've never seen any evidence of it, only hear'say.

The bond itself, 720K(or there abouts), few clubs in the 1st Div could put up that kind of money, but i really couldn't say if the Livi5 did or didn't put it up.

Alty was the team my dad used to take me along to watch when I was a kid in Manchester, yeah. I had meant to go to that game but it didn't quite happen for one reason and another. Don't think I'm going to get to London for a bit either, so I probably won't see Wimbledon until the Barrow game later in the year.

I'll definitely be at Barrow.

History is repeating itself with another form of crooks. I found it fitting. :D

There was me thinking you'd just run out of lines. How could I ever have thought that...

Your husband and wife double act might just have been enough. :lol:

:lol:

Sorry, inside joke. Maybe one day you'll understand.

Edited by EdinburghLivi