Winter Transfer Window 17-18

Looks like the first confirmed transfer is Danny Mullan from Livi to St Mirren.

We allegedly are bringing back Nathan Flanagan from East Fife where he has been playing well and allegedly will put out at least three others on loan.

Word is we are also trying to offload 4 other players from the first team squad and a couple more to come in.

Morgan should also be transferred this window but will remain with us to the end of the season.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It's not reached January yet where I am ;)

One Championship transfer has been confirmed and I do not know about the Sons but there are plenty of rumours being bandied about down Paisley way. Thought it was time to get the rumour mill in full swing. Like putting up a Xmas tree in October :)

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

One Championship transfer has been confirmed and I do not know about the Sons but there are plenty of rumours being bandied about down Paisley way. Thought it was time to get the rumour mill in full swing. Like putting up a Xmas tree in October :)

Confirmed but not completed ;) (I don't count the Emergency loan as a January transfer)

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Is this the confirmed deals thread or the wildly made up rumours thread? 

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Until they are confirmed they are wildly made-up rumours. All contributions welcome.

Does that mean I can sill start up the anally detailed confirmed transfers thread?

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Is this the confirmed deals thread or the wildly made up rumours thread? 

The latter. My mate's manager's cousin just got a text saying he spotted Pascal Chimbonda outside Asda Drumchapel. 

Just now, smpar said:

The latter. My mate's manager's cousin just got a text saying he spotted Pascal Chimbonda outside Asda Drumchapel. 

He was overheard saying it was the only place that still had pigs in blankets left though so not sure he's signing for anyone.

Morton are working on a deal to bring Stephen Pearson to the club and recently released Bob Harris is on Paul "the Hitman" Hartley's long list of targets.

34 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I'd hate to be responsible for anyone becoming a Falkirk fan. 

Fire in with your confirmed transfers thread :) 

I object as we already have this one. We do not want to confuse the residents of Greenock.

Livi have publicly declared Mullan is being transferred on 1st Jan - I reckon that is confirmation but the residents of Dumbarton do not agree. So at the moment there are no confirmed transfers and rumours are barred. We start afresh on 1st Jan. No-one should post on this thread before then.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He was overheard saying it was the only place that still had pigs in blankets left though so not sure he's signing for anyone.

Morton are working on a deal to bring Stephen Pearson to the club and recently released Bob Harris is on Paul "the Hitman" Hartley's long list of targets.

That would be a terrific signing for Falkirk, as long as he produces another wonder (own) goal similar to this effort from 2010/11:

I'd say immediately retaining, Kerr and Kane for the rest of the season would hopefully be the initial priority. After that it has to be the midfield. Part of our relative struggles at home is that we cannot break teams down with Rankin/Jacobs being limited in possession and Tapping  limited at  playing Football.  A midfielder that could be more dynamic in possession along with posing some sort of goal threat would be lovely. After that, the choice of wingers is threadbare to say the least so if we could get someone there too I'd be happy.

I think we could hold on at right back with Rooney/Mercer though if Fordyce has a prolonged absence or Kerr goes back to Saints, I'd be inclined to get another centre back in .

16 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

I'd say immediately retaining, Kerr and Kane for the rest of the season would hopefully be the initial priority. After that it has to be the midfield. Part of our relative struggles at home is that we cannot break teams down with Rankin/Jacobs being limited in possession and Tapping  limited at  playing Football.  A midfielder that could be more dynamic in possession along with posing some sort of goal threat would be lovely. After that, the choice of wingers is threadbare to say the least so if we could get someone there too I'd be happy.

I think we could hold on at right back with Rooney/Mercer though if Fordyce has a prolonged absence or Kerr goes back to Saints, I'd be inclined to get another centre back in .

Yeah, that ^.

I would be fairly ecstatic with a re-run of last January with Joe Thomson and Dom Thomas coming in on loan.

Archived